Monday 22 November 2010

wet weather gear test


wet weather gear test, originally uploaded by tmv_media.

In June I went on a trip north of the Arctic circle. I realised that my cheapo waterproof jacket wouldn't quite "cut the mustard" in the arctic.

So, following lots of research, I went to taunton leisure in Bristol and procured a Berghaus Pro-shell gortex jacket.

How is this relevant to this photo?

Well.. When testing out new waterproof gear, I have always been told to test it out in the shower, with the shower on a level that replicates heavy rain. I decided that putting shower on full blast would make a better test.

I like extremes.

I also have a Sony TX5 cybershot camera - it's waterproof, but not as chunky as its rivals..

So into the shower I got:
Berghaus waterproof jacket
old cheapo waterproof trousers
berghaus gaiters
berghaus GR20 walking boots

net result - I stayed dry & got a few photos, of which this was the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment