Tuesday 23 November 2010

frog, emerging


frog emerging 1, originally uploaded by tmv_media.

Ok, I didn't take this recently, but thought that it might be a good blog subject.

How did I get this shot? I had to lie down in the middle of some mint (next to the pond), avoid being stung by the ants, as they didn't seem overly amused at my antics.

The pond has a few frogs in it & I knew that if I waited for a while one of them would surface.

This one did. It's just a common frog, but I think they're rather cool. Well camoflaged (unless the pond, like mine, is covered in duckweed) and they eat slugs! Every garden should have a pond.

My pond is home to a plethora of species including frogs, toads, 2 sorts of newt, drangonfly & damselfies (& their nymphs), water neetles, pond skaters, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment